Reopening May 3, 2020 Letter
IMPORTANT and TIMELY INFORMATION
April 30, 2020
Dear CBC Family,
We know this is short notice, but we are now free to gather once again to worship together and we will do so beginning this Sunday, May 3. We know that some of you will prefer to stay home until you feel it is safer to venture out, and we support that fully. But for others who wish to meet, we want to offer this opportunity.
As you might expect, many things will be different for awhile. What follows is a list of protective policies and procedures that we must implement until further notice. For some, these measures will not be enough; for others, they will be overkill. But our intention is to find a happy medium that reflects the Tennessee Pledge: Reopening Tennessee Responsibly: HERE
- We will offer two Sunday morning worship services.
- 1st : 8:30–10:00 (with the sermon streamed live and recorded)
- 2nd: 11:00–12:30
- This will help facilitate social distancing in each service and also provide time to disinfect the facility (including restrooms) between services.
- The hour between services also allows the first group to leave (fellowshipping on their way out) while the next group arrives.
- The Family Life Center will remain closed; we will only use the Worship Center.
- There will be no childcare, no meals, no coffee, no Heating Plant, etc.
- Adult Sunday School will be offered online.
- We ask families to conduct their own children’s SS by using the Generations of Grace online curriculum that was sent to you. (Link: HERE)
- We will be implementing the following:
- Distance greeting at doors (no hugs or shaking hands).
- Greeters wearing protective gloves will distribute bulletins.
- An offering box will replace passing the plate.
- Elders wearing protective gloves at two tables will serve Communion bread and wine individually.
- We will invite you to come to a table up front or one in the back (whichever is more convenient to where you’re sitting) to personally receive the elements distributed by the elders.
- Hand-sanitizing dispenser stations have been ordered and will be available in June.
- Until then, we will have hand sanitizers available in key locations around the Worship Center.
- We ask that you not attend if:
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat.
- You have a chronic cough you believe is due to allergies.
- You have had new loss of taste or smell.
- You have had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours.
- We ask you that you practice social distancing (stay 6 feet apart).
- This will require you to spread out in the auditorium and not congregate in small groups either inside or outside the Worship Center.
- Please practice good respiratory etiquette when coughing or sneezing.
- Wearing a mask is optional (though preferred for those who sing off-key).
- Please, NO HUGS, KISSES, or SHAKING HANDS (loving gestures and joyful laughter are acceptable).
We humbly ask that you bear with us as together we try to implement these changes in these difficult days. Our passion is to worship the Lord with all our hearts and sing praises to His name on His day, the Lord’s Day! We look forward to fellowshipping and worshipping with you once again.
If you have any questions, please email one of the elders and we will be happy to respond.
Rejoicing in Christ our Savior and King,
The Elders of CBC